The Trafalgar St. James London Joins Curio Collection as Full Hotel Refurbishment Sees the Opening of The Rooftop in October
Overlooking the world-famous Trafalgar Square, The Trafalgar St. James London, Curio Collection by Hilton, officially joins the exclusive collection of more than 35 hotels and resorts today. As the first Curio Collection by Hilton hotel in the UK, the hotel was hand-picked to be a part of the global, upper upscale collection of one-of-a-kind independent properties all celebrated for their individuality.
Nestled in the heart of Central London, on the south side of the world-famous Trafalgar Square, The Trafalgar St. James offers unrivalled proximity to some of the city’s most iconic attractions such as The National Gallery and Theatreland. The hotel boasts 131 bedrooms and 15 exquisite suites; each space is artfully accentuated with Art Deco design notes, tactile furnishings and bold colour choices creating a sanctuary of style.
“The one-of-a-kind The Trafalgar St. James marks the consummate debut of Curio Collection by Hilton in the UK,” said Mark Nogal, global head, Curio Collection by Hilton. “The remarkable hotel is an ideal addition to our expanding global collection of distinctive hotels and resorts, providing travellers, residents and Hilton Honors members the opportunity to discover Central London in a unique and memorable way.”
A destination in itself, the hotel offers everything from contemporary bedrooms to a stunning rooftop bar with unrivalled panoramic views over the city, all in the bustle of central London. Opening this October, The Rooftop, formerly known as Vista, has been transformed into a year-round destination featuring a luxurious lounge and dining area, with a menu full of small plates and healthy eating options. Complete with alfresco and canopy-covered seating, the 378-square-metre sky-high space features an open fireplace, heaters and blanket selection to provide warmth throughout the cooler months. For special occasions and intimate gatherings, Room – a glass-enclosed private dining Room with the capacity to seat 14 people – will be available for hire.
“The opening of The Trafalgar St. James signifies an exciting new chapter for the hotel, in one of the city’s most famous locations which is steeped in history and culture,” said Joanne Taylor-Stagg, general manager, The Trafalgar St. James. “Whether guests visit us for an exceptional overnight stay in one of our beautifully styled rooms, or head to The Trafalgar Dining Rooms or The Rooftop for a special dining experience, we can guarantee a fabulous experience, premium hospitality and unforgettable views all around”.
- Musical Bedrooms: The bedrooms feature iconic wall art, celebrating the best of London’s music idols. For a classic British experience, guests can choose from an in-room book and tea selection.
- All the Details: Plush beds, LED illuminated makeup mirrors, Nespresso machines and conveniently located charging points have been placed in rooms for a pleasant and convenient guest experience.
- All Day Dining: Open all day, The Trafalgar Dining Rooms serve Mediterranean food with a London twist.
- The Rooftop: Set atop London’s iconic skyline on the south west corner of London’s most central point, Nelson’s Column, The Rooftop Bar is counted amongst the world’s finest when it comes to alfresco drinking and dining.
- Comforts Reminiscent of Home: Biblio, the house living room, located in the hotel’s underground chamber, evokes the intimacy of a private members lounge in a setting that’s open to all.
- 24-hour Fitness: 24-hour gym access will help guests keep fit at a time that’s convenient for them.
To receive instant access to the benefits they care about most – including exclusive discounts, free Wi-Fi, and Hilton Honors Points towards free nights – guests are encouraged to join Hilton Honors and book directly through preferred Hilton channels at www.curiocollection.com.
Media may access high-resolution images and additional information about The Trafalgar St. James, Curio Collection by Hilton at news.curio.com/thetrafalgar.